In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the expressions listed have the following meanings:
- ‘Agreement’ means the agreement entered into between you and us incorporating these Terms and Conditions (or variation thereof agreed upon by both Parties) which shall govern provision of the Services;
- ‘Client’ means the party procuring our Services.
- ‘Contractor’ means KB Virtual Services;
- ‘Fees’ means any and all sums due under the Agreement from you to us, as specified in the Agreement;
- ‘Project/work’ means the services required by the Client.
- ‘We/us’ means KB Virtual Services
- ‘Website’ means www.kbvirtualservices.co.uk.
- ‘You/Your’ means the party procuring our Services.
CONFIDENTIALITY & RIGHTS
- KB Virtual Services shall keep any work undertaken confidential and not use it for personal gain or promotion without written consent of the Client.
- The business affairs of the Client shall not be discussed or disclosed to any third parties.
- The Client will be the legal owner and will hold intellectual copyright of all work undertaken by KB Virtual Services.
PAYMENTS & BILLING
- Initial consultation is complimentary.
- Final proofreading and checking of all work supplied is the responsibility of the Client.
- The Client understands KB Virtual Services estimated time and cost for completing the Work is an informal calculation and that any adjustments to the amount of work, schedule and/or the number of hours and fees is subject to review and renegotiation with the Client when necessary.
- Any errors must be reported within three (3) days of receipt of completed work. Errors generated by KB Virtual Services will be rectified free of charge, but amendments or alterations requested by the Client thereafter will be charged at the standard hourly rate.
- Should ongoing project work be suspended or delayed through any default of the Client, KB Virtual Services shall be entitled to immediate payment for work already carried out and expenses incurred.
- If the project is based on an hourly rate, then a minimum invoice amount is for one hour and the hourly rate is billed in increments of 15 minutes, with time rounded up or down to the nearest quarter of an hour.
- Clients will be invoiced either after an individual assignment is completed or on an ongoing monthly basis – payment frequency to be agreed between both parties when the work is assigned.
- First time clients will initially be invoiced after two (2) weeks then all subsequent invoices will be at the frequency agreed.
- Invoices are to be settled within fourteen (14) days upon the delivery unless otherwise agreed. The final invoice shall include billable time, reimbursable expenses, and any other fees related to the Work.
- Billable time includes meetings outside of contracted hours, and includes the writing and/or reading of correspondence sent by mail or email.
- All postage, printing and other stationery expenses bought on behalf of the Client’s business will be added to the invoice for reimbursement.
- Payment to be made by bank transfer.
- Once an invoice becomes overdue, no further work will be undertaken.
- A detailed time report can be provided with the invoice if requested by the client.
SCOPE OF WORK AND DURATION OF SERVICES
- By way of this Agreement the Client will deliver the Project/Work to the Contractor in a format agreed to by the parties.
- For Ad-hoc work the Contractor shall update the Client on a regular basis regarding the status of the work and deliver the completed work to the Client on or before agreed date. Any further iterations or editing outside of agreed hours may be subject to further fees or amendments to this agreement as outlined in the Contractors Terms and Conditions.
- For Monthly Retainer/Package work the Contractor shall reserve a minimum of the agreed hours per month for said work. The Contractor shall update the Client on a regular basis regarding the status of the work and deliver the completed work to the Client as agreed. Any further iterations or editing outside of agreed hours may be subject to further fees or amendments to this agreement as outlined in the Contractors Terms and Conditions.
- Ad-hoc work – the Client agrees to pay the Contractor the agreed hourly rate. Hourly rate may be reduced for a high volume of work at the discretion of the Contractor and to be agreed with The Client before the project commences.
- Ad-hoc work is invoiced on the last day of the working month (unless otherwise agreed) and payable by Bank Transfer. All time is logged and billed in increments of 15 minutes with a minimum booking of 1 hour.
- Monthly Retainer/Package work – the Client agrees to pay the Contractor the agreed fee for the required retainer/package. Hourly rate/package will be agreed on commencement of the contract. Rate will be reviewed every 12 months on anniversary of commencement date.
- Monthly Retainer/package plans are invoiced in advance of the work commencing and then invoiced and payable by Standing Order on the 1st of the month thereafter. Hours must be utilised within the calendar month and any unused hours will only roll over to the following month, after the following month those hours will be lost.
- Billable Time – the Client shall also be responsible for billable time at the same rate as stated in their agreement. Billable time includes meetings outside of contracted hours, and includes the writing and/or reading of correspondence sent by mail or email.
- Reimbursable Expenses – the Client shall also reimburse expenses for postage, courier service, photocopying, stationery, printing and telephone calls made on behalf of the client, and travel beyond a local commute.
- Remaining Balances – any and all remaining balances shall be due within fourteen (14) days upon the delivery of the completed work and invoice to the Client. The final invoice shall include billable time, reimbursable expenses, and any other fees related to the Work.
CHANGES TO WORK ASSIGNMENT
- The Client understands that the Contractor’s estimated time and cost for completing the work is an informal calculation and that any adjustments to the amount of work, schedule and/or the number of hours and fees is subject to review and renegotiation with the Client when necessary.
CANCELLATION FEES AND RETURN OF WORK
- Either party must give 72-hour notice to revoke this Agreement. If either party terminates the agreement, the Client shall pay the Contractor for work done up to the date of termination. The Contractor shall deliver to the Client all services performed on the work, up to the time of the cancellation, and the final invoice within 72 hours. The Client shall then settle the balance of the final invoice within one week.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CREDIT FOR SERVICES ON WORK
- The Contractor shall keep the work confidential and not use it for personal gain or promotion without written consent of the Client. The business affairs of the Client shall not be discussed or disclosed to any third parties. The Client will be the legal owner and will hold intellectual copyright of all work undertaken by the Contractor.
INDEMNIFICATION BY CONTRACTOR
- The Contractor shall be responsible for infringing upon the rights of authors, organisations, institutions, copyright holders, or others, as a result of plagiarism, libel, slander, or any other misuse of any material only when undertaking independent work for the Client and not when acting under the Client’s direct instruction. The Contractor shall indemnify the Client for any and all claims, damages, costs, and expenses, including legal fees, incurred by The Client as a result of said infringements. If the infringement occurs as a result of the Client’s direct instruction then The Contractor will not be held liable.
PERSONAL PROMISE TO CLIENTS
- I promise to conduct your business affairs in a professional manner and avoid behaviour that could bring your business and reputation into disrepute.
- I promise to conduct my business affairs based on sound, ethical principles and will communicate fairly and honestly with your clients, associates, employees and suppliers.
- I promise to make an honest representation of my skills, experience and qualifications at all times.
- I promise to respect the confidentiality of your personal and business practices and recognise your ownership of any intellectual copyright pertaining to your business activities.
- I promise I will strive to maintain my high professional standards by staying abreast of advances within my industry and to strive for excellence through professional improvement.